This Privacy Statement answers the following questions:
- What information does Travengo gather about you?
- How does Travengo use your personal information?
- How do we use "IP addresses" and "cookies"?
- Will Travengo disclose any of your personal information?
- What kind of security measures do we take to protect your information from accidental loss or disclosure?
- Will Travengo use your information for direct mailings?
- How can you deactivate your account or correct or revise information that we have about you?
- How do we respect children's privacy?
- What else should you know about your privacy?
Travengo collects information about our readers so that we can provide a more interesting and useful service, as well as more appropriate advertising. We may ask for your name, email address, and other personal information when you register to use certain features of our Web site, or if you sign up for special or personalized services, such as our discussion boards or email newsletters. We also may ask for this information at other times, such as when you enter contests or other promotions sponsored by Travengo and/or our partners.
We collect IP addresses for site security and to help us understand how people use our sites so that we can improve our sites and our users' respective experiences. For similar quality reasons, we use a feature known as a "cookie." Cookies contain bits of information that websites transfer to your computer's hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can make the Web more convenient by storing information about your preferences on a site. Although we may assign your browser a cookie, the cookie does not tell us who you are. Only you can tell us that. We discuss cookies later in this Privacy Statement.
We may also collect your email address when you submit content to our sites (for example, a contest entry, or a review of a product). Unless we get your approval, we will not display your address with your submission.
Besides cookies, we may also use tiny electronic images (called "single-pixel GIFs" or "Web beacons"), which allow us to count users who have visited specific pages or access certain cookies. We may use single-pixel GIFs in the following ways:
- To count and recognize users.
- To conduct research on behalf of some partners on their websites, and for auditing purposes.
- To determine aggregate information about users, including demographic and usage information.
- To determine which email messages were opened and/or acted upon when we send HTML-formatted email messages (messages resembling Web pages that include graphics).
Advertising networks that serve ads on our site may also use single-pixel GIFs in their advertisements. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a Web page, including an ad banner, can act as a Web beacon.How Does Travengo Use Your Personal Information?
Travengo collects personal information to provide you, the user, with the best and most personalized experience possible, and to provide our advertisers with an efficient way to reach the right audience. In short, by knowing a little about you, Travengo can deliver more relevant content and advertisements to you.
We conduct research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior based upon the information you provide us when you register or participate in contests or other promotions on our site, or based upon the information on our server log files. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. We may also notify you of products, services, or areas of our site that we think may interest you based on the information we've receivedHow Do We Use "IP Addresses" and "Cookies"?
Your Web browser or email application automatically provides your Internet Protocol address ("IP address") to other computers with which you communicate over the Internet, so that they know where to send you information.
We receive an IP address each time you view one of our Web pages, because the browser automatically reports it to us. We also may store the IP address when you register with Travengo, post a message, or buy something from us.
We may use IP addresses for various purposes, including:Diagnosing service or technology problems.Assessing and maintaining system security.Displaying the most appropriate advertising or content.Studying how people use our site and how we can improve it.Reporting to advertisers about aggregate, but not individual, information derived from IP addresses.
Cookies are used on our sites in the following ways:
- In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our Web advertising partner, DoubleClick, may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. For more on how to opt-out of these cookies, please see below.
For more information about cookies, read the unofficial Cookie FAQ from CookieCentral.com.Will Travengo Disclose Any of Your Personal Information?
Travengo will not disclose any personally identifiable information about individual users, except as described in this Privacy Statement. With the few exceptions that we explain here, we do not give, rent, lend, or sell individual information to our advertisers, although we do provide aggregate information. For example, we might tell an advertiser that there are 10,000 Registered users in Los Angeles, but we will not tell them that John Doe is one of them, nor will we tell them that his email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. We may also use this aggregated information to help the advertisers reach the kind of audience they want. They may give us an ad and tell us the type of audience they want to reach (for example, males in the 10001 ZIP code). Travengo (or people working on our behalf, under contracts and confidentiality agreements) would then take the ad and display it to users who have told us they meet those criteria. We may also disclose aggregate information (for example, information showing that 5 million of our readers clicked on a particular Web advertising banner last month) in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
As for individually identifiable information, we may disclose it only under the following circumstances:
- We may disclose information to others when we have your consent.
- If you sign up for a service that relies upon third parties for important elements, we will provide your personal information to the third parties so that they can provide you with their services, and those companies will treat the data under their own policies. We will tell you about these service providers at the time you sign up for the service.
- We may disclose your personal information as required by applicable law, or in response to legal process, to protect the rights or property of Travengo, or to protect the safety of Travengo, our users, or others.
- We may sometimes conduct mailings to other people's lists. To make it easier for us to comply with the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, we may share our email list of people who have requested not to receive promotional communications from us with the list providers (or contractors) solely so that we can avoid sending emails to people who have asked not to receive them (or, conversely, so that our advertisers can avoid sending emails to people who have requested not to hear from them). We provide these lists only to list providers or contractors that we consider to be reputable, and only under strict nondisclosure/nonuse agreements.
- We may disclose personal information in some other limited circumstances, but we will specifically describe them to you when we collect the information, such as in the rules of a contest or a new service. For example, if we are going to give personal information to a contest's sponsor, we will disclose it when you sign up for the contest, so that you can decide whether to enter.
- We may employ contractors or other third parties to help with our operations. We may give them access to databases of user information, so that they can perform their services for us, including performing system maintenance, displaying personalized content (such as portfolios), performing list analysis or management, or sending mailings for us from our advertisers. These parties are all subject to confidentiality agreements that restrict their use and disclosure of information they obtain through their relationship with Travengo.
- The ads appearing on this Web site are delivered to you by Google AdSense, our Web advertising partner. Information about your visits to Travengo.com, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you.
- Because we are one big, happy family, Travengo and its subsidiaries may share information for site administration or order fulfillment, and to notify you of products and services that may interest you.
Travengo is committed to protecting your personal information. We store information you provide us on our secure servers.Will Travengo Use Your Information for Direct Mailings?
If you register with Travengo or sign up for or buy any of our products or services, we will send you information about our various products and services, or other products and services that we believe may interest you. Our partners in co-branded products (for example, our Motley Fool-branded credit card) may also send you information, but only for those Travengo-branded products.
As we stated earlier, we may also provide your physical mailing address (but not your email address) to people who will send you promotional "snail" mailings about their products and services. Note, again: This provision applies only to information received by us after May 15, 2005.
If you do not want to receive such offers and mailings, you can let us know, or you may send snail mail to Privacy StockPro, Travelgrove, Inc., 1802 N. Carson Street, Suite 212-2938, Carson City, NV 89701. We'll remove your name from our lists as soon as we can.How Do We Respect Children's Privacy?
Our sites are not directed at children under the age of 13. We operate our sites in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from anyone under 13.What Else Should You Know About Your Privacy?
When you post information on discussion boards, in chat rooms, and in such features as your Personal Profile, that information, along with your screen name, is visible to the public. Please remember that whenever you disclose personal information publicly that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online where people can see it, people will know that information and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. If you do not want strangers to have your email address, you should not post your email address on a discussion board.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, Travengo cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. What does all of this mean? Just as in the investing world, you must protect yourself. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online, especially when using a computer that other people can use also.
We may change this Privacy Statement at any time, but we will give notice of any material change (or any notices that we are required to give you) on our websites and/or in email messages.
Last Updated: July 30, 2009